An Effective 3 Day Shakeology Cleanse
Let’s face it, the grocery store, restaurants and the cafeteria are full of a lot of crap. Day in and day out, we start to build up some of this nutritionally void food and carry it around inside of our bodies. Gross! If you are lacking energy, can’t seem to lose weight, or feeling a little lethargic, it’s time to CLEANSE!
Now, I am not talking about starving yourself for a week, or even a day, I am talking about an effective 3 day Shakeology cleanse to kick start your fitness quest! Shakeology is a great product to use for cleansing out your system from junk food, as it contains over 70 SUPER nutritious ingredients that you simply cannot find elsewhere. It is completely balanced for your sugar intake, clean carbs, protein as well as vitamins and minerals.
Many people like to start a 3 day cleanse before the beginning of a new workout program. This is perfect timing, as you want to rid the toxins in your body FIRST as they bind to the fat cells inside you. Once those toxins are gone, the fat cells are free to be blasted down by your exercise efforts, instead of stubbornly sticking in those problem areas, like the thighs and belly.
What makes this particular Shakeology 3 Day Cleanse different from others, is it does not restrict your calories down to dangerous levels, or put you on some intensive liquid only regime. Without starvation and without hard to swallow concoctions, you will be able to jump start your weight loss efforts while pumping your body FULL of the nutrients it so desperately wants! It takes into account your daily requirements, such as vitamins, minerals, calories, essential healthy fats, nutrients, proteins, carbohydrates and sugars. This 3 Day Cleanse has been carefully prepared using countless hours of nutritional research, but of course you should always check with your doctor to ensure this is right for you.
Need some Shakeology to start? Send me a message here and I will hook you up with the latest promos!
How To Do: Shakeology 3 Day Cleanse
The basics are as follows:
- 3 Shakeology Shakes a day
- 2 Cups of Green Tea a day
- 3 Snacks a day
- 1 Salad for dinner (only white grilled protein in salad with oil & vinegar based dressing)
Dairy, Refined Sugars, Wheat, Sugar heavy dressings, Breads, Canned Food, Processed Food, Fast Food, Starches, Delivery…I’m watching you…
Water, water water. Stay extremely hydrated!
Lemon and limes, vinegars, mustard, cinnamon, hot sauce, cayanne, herbs, spices, garlic, green tea, black coffee
What to have everyday during your Shakeology Cleanse
3 Shakeolgy Shakes a day
– Mix with water & ice
* Optional add in’s: UNsweetened almond milk, mint extract, 1 tsp coconut oil
2 Cups of Green Tea a day
– plain green tea, no additions
3 Snacks a day (one fruit, one veggie, one nut)
– Fruit options: Half a grapefruit, 1 small apple, 1 small pear, 1 small peach
– Veggie Options: 2 stalks Celery with 1 tbsp hummus, 1 sliced red pepper with 1 tbsp hummus (can sub 1 tbsp of avocado as well)
– Nut option: 8 raw almonds, 10 pistachios, 2 tbsp raw seeds, 1/2 cup edamame shelled
1 Salad for dinner
– Use: Romaine, mixed greens or arugula
– Protein: white grilled fish or chicken (3-4oz)
– Dressing: Oil & Vinegar based, nothing over 10g of fat and 5g of sugar
Tip: Space your snacks out throughout the day. Listen to your body. If you are not hungry, it is okay to skip a snack. The 3 day cleanse is best used paired with a 12 hour fast each night. Try not to eat between 8:00pm-8:00am for the 3 days. Drink LOTS of water (add lemon if you want)
8:00am: Green Tea
9:00am: Breakfast = Shakeology
10:30am: Snack = Fruit option
12:00pm: Lunch = Shakeology
1:00pm: Green Tea
2:00pm: Snack = Nut option
4:00pm: Pre-Dinner = Shakeology
6:00pm: Dinner = Salad
7:30pm: Snack = Veggie option
- 1 Bag of Shakeology
- 1 Box of Green Tea
- 3 Fruits (Low glycemic)
- 6 Vegetables (3 for snacks and 3 for inside your salads)
- 3 Nuts or seeds
- 3 servings of Chicken or Fish
- Oil & Vinegar based dressing
- Coconut oil
- Unsweetened Almond Milk
80,000 of the chemicals permitted in our food, cosmetics and household items have never been fully assessed for their toxic impact on humans. That’s scary.
WHY SHOULD ONE CLEANSE?
Let’s face it, we made our polluted bed and now we have to lay in it. We cannot expect to be sheltered from the array of toxins floating through the air, sitting atop our produce and baked into our cosmetics – no matter how strict our safety routine may be. We actually absorb 60% of what goes on our skin, so take a quick inventory of what you may have touched today.
A cleanse is meant to do many things, but more simply put by definition, ‘To be made clean. To remove by cleaning’. Cleansing is a technique that allows your body to release the toxins absorbed by your body and trapped inside your vital organs. This process allows your body to more effectively heal itself, lose weight and be happy!
IS MY BODY NOT A COMPLEX SYSTEM, DESIGNED TO DO THIS FOR ME?
Alas, the human body did not see BPA, Sulphates, or Petroleum based fertilizers as enemies it would be in constant battle with in our modern world. Our livers, kidneys and entire endocrine system are miraculous healers and given a chance to access the parts of us that need to heal, do in fact perform ‘miracles’. We just tend to have a lot of toxic garbage in the way. Consider this: once upon a time, you may have eaten every meal at McDonald’s, regularly used tanning beds or had a heavy drinking habit. You are still alive due to the constant work performed by your liver. So then imagine the strength and vitality you would experience if you could release accumulated toxins out of your body so that the body could really commence its healing?
WHAT ARE THE ELEMENTS OF A GOOD CLEANSE?
There are many systems, shakes, mixtures, potions and strategies one may find when researching a proper, effective cleanse. Here are your ‘Cliff’s Notes’ cleanse-style, so you can skip over all the ineffective nonsense out there:
- Cleansing liquid should contain at least 20 active ingredients.
- Antioxidants need to be present to slow down oxidative stress.
- The cleanse must contain nutrients that are being put back into the body as the other active ingredients are cleaning out the toxins.
- Enzymes are a must. There needs to be a balance of healthy bacteria to assist the purge and break down nutrients for optimal absorption.
- Make sure it contains ‘trace minerals’. In our society, the food we eat does not even come close to providing us with enough essential trace minerals that are key for the detox process and ongoing defense.
- The cleansing product must be 100% natural. Why go through all these steps to just add artificial sweeteners, dyes or chemicals back into the body?
- Water, water, water!
Being a Beachbody Coach, I quite frequently recommend this cleanse to my new clients who are looking to lose weight, get toned, have more energy or improve their over-all health. Connect with us on Facebook on our Fan Page below so I can show you how to start your own cleanse or fitness program!